Mikhail Novikov aka freiksenet
Hard-working generalist, who operates autonomously and has high risk tolerance.
GraphQL Consulting and Training
I’m available for GraphQL, React and React Native remote consulting. My rate is €200/h ($225/h). I’m available both for full-time and part-time projects of any length; however ideal project for me is 3 to 6 month long and either full-time or 80%.
Examples of projects, where I’d be a great fit, are:
- Designing and implementing the transition of your app to GraphQL
- Designing or reviewing the architecture of your new GraphQL app
- Delivering a critical feature in a time-constrained environment
- Support your organization’s use of graphql open source libraries, like
graphql-tools, by fixing bugs or implementing new features
I also offer on-site training within Europe, both for server-side and client-side GraphQL. Training costs €7500 per day of training.
Jan 2019 -> ongoing
Staff Software Engineer, Core Team, Gatsby Inc.
- Worked at the open source team, that is responsible for Gatsby framework
- Implemented schema customization and rewrote whole Gatsby’s GraphQL subsystem
- Implemented a more abstract data storage subsystem to support Gatsby internal node search with different database backends
- Implemented incremental building for Gatsby sites
- Led an impromptu GraphQL mini-team within the Core
Apr 2014 -> Dec 2019
CTO & Co-Founder, Functo Inc. (aka. Reindex Software)
- Co-founded a consulting company, that pivoted into product company and then back to consulting company
- Held multiple GraphQL trainings and workshops
- Implemented Schema Stitching in graphql-tools library.
- Created Apollo Launchpad, the GraphQL server demo platform.
- Led the refactoring and development of the fronted of WebRTC based video calling application
- Implemented Reindex Backend-as-a-Service, first GraphQL BaaS platform
- Led frontend development of a mobile book store project. Started effort to move the webstore to React
- Implemented a video inspection platform for police personal cameras
- Participated in development of browser testing application
Nov 2012 - Apr 2014
Developer, Zenrobotics Ltd
- Participated in development of an advanced robotic control system.
- Was heavily involved in customer deliveries; was team’s primary contact during several delivery projects
Sep 2011 - Nov 2012
Senior Software Engineer, HDmessaging
- Was leading developer working on the MagicWords contextual analysis backend framework
- Was involved in hiring process and participated in higher level architectural discussions
- Was heavily involved in improvement of software configuration management process
Mar 2011 - Sep 2011
Research Assistant, University Of Helsinki
- Worked on PULS project - fact extraction from real-world news articles for multiple domains
- Was involved in adapting current English language Information Extraction system to work with Russian language (see publication), in general refactoring and reorganization of the project codebase, in server migrations and in several other smaller projects
Sep 2008 - Apr 2014
Web Development Consultant, Freiksenet Advanced Technologies
- Consulted several companies, mostly in Web Development
- As a consultant to a startup, I helped them to develop their product based on Node.js, coffeescript and Python. I was involved both in frontend and backend.
2007 - 2010
Bachelor of Business Administration, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences